by Craig Abler
1/24/2018 - Appleton, WI
Oil Change Instructions
- Check Oil Level Regularly.
- Change oil & filter every 4,000 miles.
- Lube all grease-able tie rods, ball joints, shafts, universal joints and suspension parts.
- Check gear lube in front and rear differentials, top off gear lube - applies to 4wd and rear drive vehicles.
- Check transfer case fluids (4wd) top off when necessary.
- Do not flush brake fluids. Do not flush power steering fluid.
- We do not recommend paying extra for “high mileage” oil.
- Do not flush transmissions with solvent based cleaners.
- We do recommend transmission fluid & filter exchanges.
- Transmission flushes without solvent based cleaners are ok if the transmission has a metal screen instead of a replaceable filter.
- Some vehicles require synthetic blend oil.
- Some Suvs & Pickups take between 6 to 7 quarts of oil.
- 07 and newer GM V8’s should have a factory oil filter.
- Get a second opinion on extra repairs and fluid flushes.
- Mail or drop off a copy of your oil change receipt to:
Grand Chute Auto 300 N. Lynndale Dr. Appleton 54914 or e-mail receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org to keep limited warranty coverage valid.